Whether you're catching it yourself or heading to a local fishmonger, you can't go past some fresh seafood. If you are catching it yourself, in the winter you'll find Albacore tuna and salmon are plentiful on the West coast! If you're heading to a fishmonger, try barramundi or sablefish. Either way, you can't miss out on this epic fish tagine!
What you'll need:
2 fillets of your choice of fish
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
1 small red onion, sliced
1 yellow capsicum, seeded & sliced
400g (1 standard can) chopped tomatoes
fresh coriander (optional, but so yum!)
1. In a covered pan, saute olive oil, cumin, chili and onion.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes and capsicums and continue to simmer whilst covered until the capsicum is tender.
3. Cut the fish into bite-sized pieces and check for any bones the fishmonger may have missed!
4. Once the capsicum is tender, bury the pieces of fish into the sauce, season with salt and pepper and simmer in a covered pan until fish is cooked through.
5. Sprinkle fresh coriander over the pan, serve and enjoy!
Make sure you take a picture and show us your master creations! Tag #JUCYUSA in Instagram to show us your epic camper van cuisines!
JUCY vehicles make cooking super easy! Make the most of fresh local produce by checking out the rest of our cooking in campers recipes!