JUCY USA Terms and Conditions
JUCY Terms and Conditions - USA
Valid 1 February 2013 to 31 March 2014
Summary of Rental Conditions
This document contains a brief summary of the rental conditions for JUCY Inc. The full details of the JUCY rental contract will and do apply. All rates quoted are in US dollars.
If the renter wishes to make any changes to their confirmed reservation, the reservation will be recalculated using either the original rate or the rate that is valid at the time of the booking change, depending on whichever rate is higher. There are no exceptions to this rule. The following situations are classified as booking alterations:
- Change of date for vehicle pick-up or drop-off
- Change of location (rental office) for vehicle pick-up or drop-off
- Change of vehicle category
- Name change
If an amendment is made to the rental dates within 14 nights of collection, no refund will be provided if the length of hire is shortened (that is; the rental will be charged at the number of nights originally booked). No refund will be provided for late pick up or early return of the vehicle.
A relocation fee of $500.00 may apply, if the collection location is amended within 14 nights of the confirmed vehicle collection date or if amendment occurs whilst on hire. If the renter wishes to change the drop off destination after the rental has commenced, they first must obtain authorization from the JUCY Reservations. Subject to the change being approved, an additional charge of $700 may apply.
If the renter wishes to extend the rental whilst on rental, they must obtain authorization from JUCY. Rental extension is subject to fleet availability. The extra cost (Gross Rate) of an extended rental must be paid by credit card via telephone or at a JUCY Rental Office Branch immediately upon confirmation of the rental extension. All extensions are treated as a “booking amendment” and the booking amendment conditions will apply.
Rental Charges are calculated on a ‘per night’ basis.
One Way Rentals
One way rentals are available between all JUCY Rental Offices subject to a 5 night minimum rental period. The following one way fee will apply if confirmed in advance: $150 if travel is commenced prior to March 31st 2013; $175 for travel after April 1st 2013. All one-way rentals require prior approval. Change of drop-off location without authorization from JUCY will be subject to the one-way fee of up to $700.
Consecutive Campervan rentals can be combined to qualify for a multi hire discount. Rentals in the United States of America, Australia and New Zealand count to obtain the multi hire discount, providing travel is within a 3 month period.
JUCY Rental Offices and Office Hours
JUCY USA Rental Offices are located within Apollo Motorhome rental branches in the USA.
JUCY / Apollo Rental Offices are open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 4.30pm (latest drop off time is 3.00pm, earliest collection time is 9.00am), and Saturday from 9.00am to 12.00pm (latest drop off time is 11.00am; earliest collection time is 9.00am).
Rental Office will be closed Sundays and on the following public holidays:
- Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
Vehicle Collection and Return
Vehicles can be collected Monday to Friday between 1.00pm and 3.00pm. An “early departure fee” of $55.00 will apply if the desired collection is between 9.00am - 12.59pm; - Vehicles must be returned Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 11.00am. A “late return” fee of $55.00 will apply if the desired return is between 11.01am - 3.00pm; - On Saturday, vehicles must be collected and returned between 9am and 11am.
Unlimited mile packages, 500 mile packages and 100 miles per night packages are available at extra cost. All mileage packages must be prepaid before departure. There is no refund for any unused miles. Excess miles are charged at $0.25 per mile upon return of vehicle.
- Personal Kits - $50 per person (including a sleeping bag, pillow, bath towel and tea towel)
- Provisioning Kit - $115 per rental (including all kitchen utensils, cutlery, cookware, plates, cups for up to 4 people)
- Camp Chairs - $10 each per rental
- Camp Table - $20 per rental
- GPS - $90 per rental
- Baby Seats - $40 each per rental. Please refer to the JUCY child restraints policy for full details.
- Booster Seats - $40 each per rental. Please refer to the JUCY child restraints policy for full details.
- First Aid Kits - A First Aid kit is supplied in every vehicle. If the seal is broken or the kit is not returned the kit becomes the property of the renter and a $50 fee is charged when the vehicle is returned
Vehicles must be collected and returned to our rental office (no airport returns are permitted). Failure to return to a JUCY rental office may result in a relocation fee being charge or up to $700.00.Transfers to and from the JUCY rental office are not included in the rental price. It is the renter’s responsibility to get to and from the rental office.
Payment at Rental Offices
For security reasons, JUCY will only allow accepted credit or debit cards for rental charges, paid on vehicle pick up or drop off. Cash payments will not be accepted at rental offices. The Bond on the vehicle is only payable at pick-up by credit card, there is no exception to this condition.
Credit Cards: JUCY only accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
Administration Fees / Taxes
A charge of 10% of the total cost will be levied to cover administration fees, government fees, duties and other associated costs.
Exchange Rate / Currency Variations
All credit card transactions are conducted in US Dollars. Due to exchange rate fluctuations there could be some variance in the amount refunded compared to the amount initially charged. JUCY do not accept any liability for variances up or down. Refunds by credit card can take up to 15 working days depending on the renter’s Financial Institution.
Driver’s License and Minimum Age
A current and full motor vehicle driver’s license is required. If the driver’s license is not in the English language then an international driver’s license is also required. An accredited English translation will be accepted in lieu of an international driving permit. The driver’s license must have been held for at least one year and be valid for the whole length of the rental. The original driver’s license must be shown at time of pick-up when the driver is present. Drivers must be 21 years of age or over.
On pick up of the vehicle our staff will provide a complimentary vehicle consultation. This includes an explanation of all the interior and exterior features of the vehicle as well as driving tips.
JUCY reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions, and the distance to nominated destinations in relation to the length of the rental period. Underground parking, parking garages, drive-thrus: To prevent overhead damage, JUCY vehicles are not allowed in any parking structures or drive thrus.
Death Valley and other desert areas
Vehicles are not allowed to operate in Death Valley and other desert areas during 15 May to 15 September due to extremely high temperatures which can cause system failures. At other times clients visit these areas at their own risk and are thus responsible for all recovery and other charges. During certain periods these areas are not habitable and could pose a danger to the driver and passengers.
Mexico, Alaska, Yukon and Northwest Territories & Newfoundland
Travel to Mexico, Alaska, Yukon and Northwest Territories & Newfoundland is strictly prohibited.
Burning Man Festival: 26 August 2013 - 02 September 2013
Travel to the Burning Man Festival will incur a $700.00 fee. Additional cleaning fees will be applied upon return of the vehicle if there is any sign of desert dust, (Cleaning fee: $500) Travel to Burning Man Festival without prior consent from JUCY, may incur additional fees.
Burning Man Fee: $700 (Payable prior to pick up)
Special cleaning fee is charged if the vehicle shows any sign of desert dust on return. The $500 fee includes a 2 hour special cleaning service provided by JUCY staff after your rental. If it takes longer than 2 hours to clean the vehicle of all dust and dirt (this includes cleaning all vents, all corners of the living area, the kitchen and the penthouse as well as the engine) every extra is charged at a flat rate of $155 per hour.
- Travel to the Burning Man Festival is at your own risk. JUCY will be able to provide only limited roadside assistance and any towing or repair cost will be billed to the renter
- Only two (2) people are allowed per vehicle as the operation of the Penthouse is PROHIBITED in the hot desert area. This is for your own protection as the operation of the Penthouse cannot be guaranteed under such extreme conditions
- Remember - JUCY does not provide a generator!
- The second battery will be flat after 1-2 days without driving. This will result in the fridge, DVD player and other electronics to STOP WORKING
- Remember - There is no water supply at the Burning Man Festival. The water in the fresh water tank is not suitable for drinking. Please take enough water and supplies!
- You are expected to clean the vehicle the best you can prior to returning the vehicle, please also remember to fill up the fuel and empty the waste water tank.
Although JUCY run late model vehicles, it may happen that small repairs are required. Repairs up to $75 may be affected without authorization and will be reimbursed unless the damage is caused by the renter. For amounts over $75, JUCY will need to be informed in advance. All vehicles are covered for 24hr emergency roadside assistance.
Infringements and Administration Fees
The renter is responsible for paying the charging authorities directly for all parking citations, tolls, fines for toll evasion, and other fees, fines and penalties assessed against the renter, JUCY, or the vehicle during this rental. Such charges are referred to in this Agreement as “Citations.” If JUCY is notified that JUCY may be responsible for payment of a Citation, the renter will pay JUCY or a third party processor of JUCY’s choosing (currently Violation Management Services (“VMS”)) for all amounts JUCY pays on the renters behalf, and, in addition, pay JUCY or VMS a processing fee of up to $50 for each such notice.
Vehicles cannot be requested by make or model, only by vehicle category.
Limit of Liability
In the event of no alternative vehicle being available to the renter JUCYs liability is limited to a refund of the hire charge or in the case of mechanical failure (unless caused by the renter) the remainder of the hire period.
JUCY reserve the right to refuse any rental at our discretion.
Service dogs are permitted to travel in JUCYs vehicles with prior permission from JUCY. No other animals are permitted in JUCY vehicles.
Smoking is not permitted in JUCY vehicles. A $500 cleaning fee will apply and be charged to the renters credit card upon return of the vehicle if smoke smell is present.
A 20% non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking. In case of a cancellation, the 20% non-refundable deposit converts into the cancellation fee. Please note: If you have booked through a travel agent, their cancellation terms will apply in addition. Full payment is required 30 days prior to date of travel. If cancelled on the day of pick-up or no show - 100% of the rental cost will apply. No refunds can be given for early returns.
JUCY strongly recommends the renter purchases a comprehensive travel insurance policy prior to travel in the USA through a reputable provider.
JUCY’s rental charge includes:
- Basic liability insurance as required by US law with each rental
- Standard Insurance for damage on the JUCY vehicle. The Excess / Deductible is $1500 per incident
A Bond of $1,500 will be collected at the time of entering into the Rental Contract. The $1,500 will be debited to the credit card account immediately.
Additional Insurance Options
SLI (Supplementary Liability Insurance) is available at additional cost of $9 per night – this will cover the renter for up to US$1.000.000,00 in potential liability claims
CDW (Collision damage Waiver) with $0 Excess/Deductible on the JUCY vehicle is available at $9 per night. CDW includes:
- Cover for accidental damages
- Windscreen (1 windscreen covered per rental)
- Protection against theft and vandalism
- Tire damage (2 tires covered per rental)
- A Bond of $500 will be collected at the time of entering into the Rental Contract. The $500 will be debited from the credit card account immediately.
The bond amount is determined by the Insurance option chosen by the renter. The bond will be $500.00 or $1500.00 (based on the additional insurance purchased) but not both, as out lined in the standard liability and additional insurance option section.
The Bond is fully refundable when the vehicle is returned to the correct rental office, on time, is full of gas, the waste tank is emptied and all other terms of the Rental Contract have been met. If there is damage to the vehicle on its return, the Bond will be used to cover the cost of such damage up to the amount of the relevant Liability. However, if the terms of the Rental Contract are breached and the Bond is insufficient to cover the damage then any extra cost will be charged.
At all times the renter is responsible for:
- Damage caused where the terms of Rental Contract have been breached
- Damage caused by negligence
- Damage caused to the vehicle in any way by part or total water submersion or salt water
- Damage caused due to a single vehicle roll over
- Damage caused to the vehicle by the renter’s wilful conduct
- Damage caused to the vehicle when using the vehicle in contravention of any legislation or regulation controlling vehicular traffic
- Damage or loss caused to any personal belongings
- Damage caused due to use of incorrect or contaminated fuel
- Damage to roof vent, overhead or under body of the vehicle
Rates/Terms/Conditions: Are correct at time of print and are subject to change without notice.